I’m sorry it has been so long since I posted on here, but I decided to enjoy the holiday season a bit. We spent time with friends and family and relished in watching our children start to understand Christmas….and not just the commercial part of it. However, I will say that Ike spent all of one day saying, “What else did I get?” and then the very next day, “I got so many presents!” The highlight of the year was watching the two boys get to play on their new playset that they asked Santa for. It meant (to them) that Santa really does listen and that is everything to kids their age.
Last night we met up with some friends for our 7th annual New Year’s Eve Mexican Dinner tradition. It’s something random that happened to us over the years and we just made it our own. Funny that no matter where we eat, my husband always gets some version of tacos and I always get some version of enchiladas. It kind of makes me feel like things never change….in a good way.
Now the new year is here. YAY 2015! And that means that everyone is thinking about change. So many of us make New Year’s Resolutions and many of them are in regards to health and fitness. I hope that that is part of the reason you are here today reading this. But, I might disappoint you in my opinion on resolutions. If you go back to the very first post on this blog you can see that I don’t really pick anything all that drastic. So, how did I do on DE-cluttering my life?
Well, I was successful in continuing to get rid of things throughout the year that we no longer need. We unloaded a lot of baby stuff before our move as well as other non-essentials even though we moved to a bigger house. I have Let Go of some serious emotional baggage and things that were weighing me down mentally. And I finished a lot of projects that I intended to do. I even got all (but one) of my gifts ordered and sent before the year ended.
Things I did not finish include one writing project that has been looming over me for almost 4 years now and I’m not sure if my heart is in it any more to finish it; one sewing project; and my desk still looks like someone threw up on it. (I did get a new phone and a new camera both which take better photos so you’ll see more of the desk this year and my progress with that.)
For now though, I’d like to tell you about what’s coming up in the next 12 months.
- Each month will bring one new fitness challenge
- A lot more links to other great reads
- Continue with our regular weekly schedule (brought back tomorrow with Fast Friday)
- A give away at the end of the year (more details to come)
- My new yearly goals (see below)
- Continue with de-clutter (including staying on top of reading other blog posts, professional journals, and books on my to read list)
- Continue Meditations from the Mat for mental health
- Continue push-ups, but now every 3rd day of the month for January so as to better rest and recover
- And the big one is……..(imagine drum roll)