Have you missed me yet? I’ve been living in a fantasy world for the last 5 days…engulfed in a book that was due to the library today. I’ve devoted extra time to reading it while watching my kids play outside in 70 and 80 degree weather! I’m talking about Gone Girl and I’m not even sure what to say now that I’m finished. So, instead, here are my random thoughts for this week and we’ll be back to our regular routine.
1. Perhaps it was the book I was reading or maybe too much crime tv throughout my life; but, have you ever noticed that we are programmed to assume the worst when you see stray clothing in the woods?
|Not sure this qualifies as clothing any longer…|
2. Why do leather seats have a warming function for winter, but no cooling function for when it’s scorching hot in summer? Has no one thought about this yet? Has no one in the car world ever had to peel their flesh from the car seat or throw a towel down before they could enter their car?!
|Not even sure what to think here. Can this be safe?!|
3. Where do all the song lyrics in your brain get stored? Why do I still know the lyrics to Livin’ La Vida Loca? Captain Scott once told me that our brains have infinite storage….he lost the name of his first girlfriend by memorizing different missiles and wasn’t sure which one was more important to remember.
|Get out of my brain Ricky Martin!|
4. The bikes at the Philadelphia airport were gone this week! I’m not sure where they went, but now I’m disappointed that even the airlines don’t think that people need to exercise! Look people, we (fitness professionals) are not asking that much of you really…..but give me back the bikes!
5. I’m feeling like some of my mental challenges this year are not enough. I’d like to start re-studying for the ACSM exam and take and pass it within the next year (by St. Patty’s 2016). That’s a SMART goal.
6. Remember when I was trying to figure out about prejudices? Yeah, I’ve figured it out….I’m prejudice against people who are uninformed, but since that really leads to prejudice, I have a hard time figuring out how to be patient with those people and it makes me dislike them even further. It’s a viscous cycle. Can’t we all just get along?!
On that note (and because now I really want to watch Robin Hood) farewell until tomorrow!
Thanks Amanda for hosting!