Good morning and welcome to another OGB’s TOLT where we’ve joined with Amanda at RWS for some random thoughts. On the agenda today…..my runs.
- First I’ve been running a lot less than planned lately due to scheduling conflicts that I CHOOSE to let get in the way of pre-planned workouts. Remember that your schedule is always your choice and I stand by that statement. That’s why I have been choosing to get up at 7am instead of when my alarm goes off at 630am or even when I used to run at 530am…..
- But maybe I need to reconsider the time of day I’m running again. Because, lately I’m having this issues that many other runners have written about and that’s the “Crappy Run”. You know, that moment when you’re out for a run and getting in the groove of things only to discover you desperately need to use the bathroom! Well, I did a little more reading (check this one out too) yesterday morning and I think that 7am (and maybe even 630am) is too late in the game for me to run. When I was running at 530am I didn’t regularly have this problem, but lately it occurs around 20 minutes in. That doesn’t bode well for completing a 15K in September!
- Speaking of, I’ve still not registered for this race due to lack of funds to put toward it at this moment. Would you like to sponsor my entry back into the world of running outside of pushing my kids around the neighborhood? I know that $45 is not that huge of a deal in the big scheme of things, but I didn’t get a Summer II class and I have no workshops for all of August, most of July, and it’s also looking like June too. Plus, no July or August races to work….
- What will I be doing with all of that time off? Running of course! And biking more. Did I tell you that I broke out the bike for an awesome ride on Sunday? It was almost 20 miles on a mountain bike….that sounds amazing right? Not so much on the regular road. See, I don’t currently have a road bike, so this is what I’m working with. I didn’t do too terrible (almost 15mph average), but my knees were killing me the next day.
- That’s something new for me….knee pain. And yesterday, after my (shortened) run I have been suffering from the NEVER-ENDING twitching hamstring! What is that about? I have stretched and still nothing. Just going to hope to make it through yoga teaching today without looking silly.
- And finally, to end on an even number, what is the deal with medals for everyone? My son had his gymnastics spring show on Monday and everyone got a medal. They called it an awards ceremony. That is not “awards”. He did amazing, by the way! He completed at least two events on his own that almost all of the other kids had to be assisted through. I’m so proud. Look, I know that if I finish the race in September…..no, let’s try that again…..WHEN I finish the race in September I will get a finisher’s medal, but not everyone will finish, so not everyone will get the medal. Also, it’s not considered an “award”. More on this topic on Monday…..
Have a great weekend (if you celebrate the holiday), be safe, and come back tomorrow for some interesting reads!
What are your runs like lately?
Do you have any of these issues?
What are you training for?