Tonight we will Trick or Treat and grill hotdogs/brats out in our backyard. The kids will get to eat some of their candy and the rest will be left for The Great Pumpkin! I love this time of year, because I feel like Halloween officially marks the start of Fall Holiday Season! I’ve got so many things planned in the next few weeks that I just want today to be about fun! But, in the tradition of “holiday season” let’s take a quick recap of the month and my 30 Days resolutions before we get all spooky and go into a candy corn coma!
- See the world – I did very little traveling this month due to Hurricane Matthew that came through at the beginning of October and screwed up a lot of my plans. However, this coming weekend I will be headed to Columbia, SC for a NETA Personal Trainer workshop and there’s more travel in the future.
- Follow through and finish what I start – I am happy to say that I completed my one project that I wanted to get done this month…..and on time. However, my calendar still had some holes in it as far as being all crossed off. I have some online training to complete this week for one of my many jobs and tomorrow I start in on some new projects. You should also come back tomorrow to read about the gaps in my training plan and what I’ll be doing in November.
- Face my fears
- Get some more education/professional development – I have decided to register for a yoga training in January and I’ve been scrounging up work in order to make that happen.
- Accept responsibility for my mistakes, take ownership and ask for forgiveness when necessary
- Embrace my love of the scale
- Compete – I’ve been thinking about when a good date to set for the 8K would be…..do you have a suggestion for one?
- Reconnect – This is an area in which I have failed miserably over the course of this month and therefore, as soon as I am done with this post…..I will be making an important phone call.
- Write more – This month (including today) I only managed 12 posts and over 15 last month. Hopefully November has more PREPARATION that allows for better posting…..because there’s things I want to write about. However, I did a lot more writing as far as work goes this month.
- Read – I have a book waiting for me at the library! More about that next month.
- Make new things to eat – I tried my hands at scones this month…..and it didn’t go well; hence no post about it. But I did try making some Gluten Free pumpkin muffins with a mix by Namaste and that did go surprisingly well! So well so that I am making a non-gluten free from scratch recipe with a twist later today. I also made some other great muffins that I will share when I bake them again.
- Ask “Why?”
- Bump up the mileage – I have been running more consistently (and earlier) and trying to complete these 5 mile runs. My plan tomorrow will tell you how close I am to running the whole distance.
- Get the photos under control
- Go pro!
- Get wet!
- Relish sweetness
- Treat myself to gear – Waiting to get paid today to purchase this!
- Awareness – Gifts of Yoga to enjoy and cultivate – My work on meditation is helping me to get through this hectic time in my life.
- Strength – Gifts of Yoga to enjoy and cultivate
- Flexibility – Gifts of Yoga to enjoy and cultivate
- Balance – Gifts of Yoga to enjoy and cultivate
- 3 better yoga poses – My focus on Garland pose this month suffered greatly….more on that tomorrow.
- Clean out the friendship fridge
- Fitness measures outside of running and yoga
- Just Say No!
- Be someone – I was requested for a workshop in March!
- Check in! – And that leaves me here…..each month I find it hard to hit all of the markers I have set out for the year, but I’m still working on it. I told a friend/boss this afternoon that I really want to check off the boxes so that I can start fresh again in January. Much of this will carry over to that time and for the rest of my life because that’s what living a Yoga Life is all about…..being in the present and looking to the future.
One of my students took some photos in my class last Friday. This being in the moment, recognizing the past, and looking to the future is the perfect description of Warrior II pose. I don’t know why I look so serious in this photo, but I do know that I am looking forward to tomorrow and a new day, a new month, a new challenge to be completed.
What happened to you in October?
(feel free to post a link to your monthly recap below)
What is coming for you in November?
What are you doing for Halloween today?