Writing about my monthly training is helping me to stay focused on it. However, I was in Iowa last week where the weather was beautiful and I didn’t have access to internet, so no post then. And now it’s Wednesday and not Tuesday, so I’m not sure it’s keeping me consistent on the blog. Take a look at what I did and what happens next…
Month in review
I managed three long runs in July despite the building heat. They weren’t runs as in didn’t walk, but I count them anyway. With my race about 6.5 weeks away I am focused more on finishing than anything else.
Here’s the recap of my workouts in July:
In July I was teaching again three days/week so it helped me to get in some strength workouts I’d been skipping in June. I took Fridays off on purpose, so I feel like that means I only “skipped” three days this month of activity. The rest of the days may not have always been as planned, but at least I wasn’t just lounging at the beach or the pool all month like my sister thinks I was!
Transition Month – August
Last month I had access to the gym 3 days/week. This month I return to gym access, but not until later in the month. I start teaching before my kids start school, so it makes it hard to justify going to the gym when they’re at home. This month also has had other challenges. I needed new shoes (more on that later) because I had run another hole in my shoes. It started to cause lots of problems and I was back to wearing compression socks while I ran. I was on vacation and had to modify training due to travel and lack of access to shoes etc. Here’s what the rest of this month will look like:
- Mondays – Run 6 miles, teaching 2 hours of yoga, teaching A&P Lab
- Tuesdays – Teaching 1 hour yoga, 1 hour fitness walking, 1 hour Pilates, then my own Pilates and some band work
- Wednesdays – 3 – 1mile repeaters
- Thursdays – Repeat Tuesday with my own yoga and some band work
- Fridays – off day
- Saturdays – Attempt to run 10 miles
- Sundays – Pilates and Yoga (started doing my own variations and it has worked to keep my mind interested)
- Every night – Foam Rolling (I haven’t been tracking this one every day on MapMyRun)
And tell me,
What do your workouts look like when school starts back up?